Honour Your Body Morning Meditation
This ones a biggie, guys. Learning to honour our bodies can be one of the most challenge tasks that we face as human beings.
I know that it has been for me and it has taken years to get to a place where I feel love for myself and my body to the point where this love influences the choices that I make on a daily basis - everything from: drinking enough water to surrounding myself with people who love me unconditionally, to choosing what I want to put into my body and how much.
Through meditation, I have learned to be come aware of my subtle energy and now understand which life situations and people deplete this vital energy, so that I can make the choices that are going to help me to grow, heal and transform.
For those of you who have trouble honouring your body (this includes most of us), who are hard on yourselves or who are suffering with addiction, negative patterns or self-loathing this meditation, when practiced daily will ground, center and draw awareness to the places where you are knowingly or unknowingly harming yourself.
This is one of my favourite meditations to do starting on a new week, for 7 days.
- Find a peaceful, space either outdoors or one well lit with natural light.
- Sit in an upright position with your spine long, place your right hand upon your heart and your left hand on your belly and begin to breathe deeply into your belly.
- When you have connected to your deep, belly breathing focus on the root chakra energy center or the perineum (space between vagina and anus to put it bluntly) and feel the energetic impact of that chakra.
- Your root chakra energetically vibrates with the colour red so as you breathe, picture how vibrant the colour of your root chakra is. Is it a pale red or bright and fiery? As you breath, picture the colour getting brighter and more vibrant.
- Once you have brightened the colour of your root chakra, feel the healing and empowering energy of it move through your entire body. Be open to your intuition, creative ideas, images, feelings, emotions and revelations.
- Feel your heart and body fill with healing and loving energy and feel a deep sense of compassion move through you.
- Feel yourself completely surrendering mind, body, heart and spirit to your deep and powerful energy making a promise to yourself to protect it and nurture it and bring this energy into each interaction, creation and exchange of your day.